1. Listen to the text "Niagara Falls" and do the tasks. Mark the true (T) and false (F) sentences.
1. The Niagara Falls are in Africa.
2 The Niagara Falls are situated on the bank of the river Niagara.
3. The Niagara Falls have a great power.
4. The roar of the falling water can be heard for 25 km.
5. The Niagara Falls throw animals into the boiling waters below.
6. Some time ago an old ship with some people on board was put into the water in the middle of the river.
7. The ship sailed down the river like a toy boat very quickly.
8. Captain Webb tried to sail across the Niagara in a boat.
9. He jumped into the water and never appeared again.
10. Miss Tailor wanted to swim across the falls.
Choose the correct answer
1. Where are the Niagara Falls situated?
2. What kind of place is the Niagara Falls?
3. How high is the cliff over which the Niagara waters fall?
4. What power do the Niagara falls have?
5. How much water falls from the Niagara cliff every five minutes?
6. What happened to an old ship that was put into the water in the middle of the river?
7. What did some people do to become famous?
8. Why was a crowd of people standing near the falls one day?
для контролю знань і залучення учнів
до активної роботи у класі та вдома