Джерело: Несвіт А.М., Столітня Л.Ю.; Завдання для тематичного оцінювання знань учнів 6 класу з англійської мови. - К.: КІМО, 2006.
Read the text.
In 1956 a young sailor at sea was very far from his family and friends for the first time in his life. He missed all of them and dreamt about a nice girl. One day the young sailor wrote a note. He asked any nice gill who found it to write a letter to him. Then the young sailor put the note into a bottle. Then he sealed the bottle and threw it into the sea.
Later a farmer in Italy who lived by the sea, saw the sailor's bottle and picked it up. He gave the note to his daughter who was really nice. The girl was very surprised but she decided to write a letter to the sailor.
Some more letters travelled to Italy and back. Soon the young sailor visited Italy. He met the nice girl and fell in love with her. Nobody believed in the happy end of that story. But sometimes dreams come true. In 1958 the young sailor married the nice girl.
Match the parts of the sentences:
1. A young sailor dreamt about ____ .
2. One day a young sailor ____ .
3. He asked any nice girl ____ .
4. A young sailor sealed the bottle and throw it ____ .
5. Later a farmer saw a bottle ____ .
6. The farmer gave the note to ____ .
Choose the correct item:
7. A young sailor missed ...
8. ... gave the note to the daughter.
9. Soon the young sailor ...
10. A farmer lived ...
11. The girl decided to ...
12. He met the nice girl and ...
для контролю знань і залучення учнів
до активної роботи у класі та вдома