1. The United Kingdom is the name which is usually used at the United Nations as a short variant.
2. Besides an official name and unofficial names of the country there are some poetic ones.
3. Great Britain has the only land border line with France.
4. The border line with Ireland is quite long.
5. The flag of Great Britain was established at the beginning of the 17th century.
6. The flag was named after one of the Scottish kings.
7. At first Wales and England were not separated parts.
8. All the Saints for the flag were chosen by the Anglican church.
9. The two enblems of the English lions represent the biggest size of England.
10. Each part has own plant as a floral symbol.
11. There are not only plants for each part of the country but also historic colours.
12. James II. ruled the country at the beginning of the 17th century.
для контролю знань і залучення учнів
до активної роботи у класі та вдома