1. Do you know that Britain has a bigger _____ during the months of July and August than at any other time of the year?
2. The geography of the country can ____ to us much about its weather.
3. English people have such a lot of _____ because they live on an island.
4. When countries south of Britain are having sunny days, the warm winds blow towards the British Isles, _____ the water from the sea and forming clouds in the sky.
5. When the clouds move over the land the _____ of the earth causes the vapor to turn back into water and everybody has to run quickly for shelter or put on a raincoat and open an umbrella.
6. In England there may be several ____ kinds of weather all in one day.
7. A day may begin as a warm spring morning; an hour or so later black clouds may ____ from nowhere bringing heavy rain.
8. At midday it may become quite cold and then, in the late afternoon the sky will clear, the sun will begin to shine, and for an hour or two before _____ falls, it will be summer.
9. The weather in Britain is, of course, a ____ topic of conversation.
10. English people, men or women, are always ready to ____ it.
для контролю знань і залучення учнів
до активної роботи у класі та вдома