1 ... is one of the names of cyclonic storm that forms over the oceans.
It is caused by evaporated water that comes from the ocean.
Typhoon is another name for it.
2 ... is a phenomenon that results from a sudden release of stored
energy that radiates seismic waves. It shows itself by a shaking of
3 ... is a slide of a large snow (or rock) mass down a mountainside. It is
one of the major dangers faced in the mountains in winter.
4. What is a natural disaster?
5. What is the relationship between natural hazards?
6. What does ‘to respond to natural disasters effectively’ mean?
7. What natural disasters are becoming more frequent in Ukraine?
8. Scientists attribute changes in the
weather to natural ... .
9. The ... of earthquakes is the heat inside the earth.
10. What was the ... for your refusal to go there?
11. The winds have already strengthened
considerably and the sea is now very rough
indeed. As a result, ferries across the harbour have stopped
sailing and all large ships have put out to sea.
Smoke poured out of the crater but no one expected an eruption.
A week later, however, a red hot lava began to fl ow down the side
of the mountain.
для контролю знань і залучення учнів
до активної роботи у класі та вдома