І. Task 1.True or False.
1) There are few lakes in Scotland.
2) The lake is very deep.
3) There have always been lots of stories about beasts in the water in Scotland.
4) St. Columba took the first photo of the monster.
5) St. Columba returned from the evening service , when he saw the monster.
6) The modern legend of Loch Ness dates back to 1953.
7) Lock Ness is a famous tourist attraction.
8) If you see St. Columba , you will be rich.
9) Newspapers pay a lot of money for the pictures of Nessie.
10) Robert Wilson was a colonel.
11) Some people believe that Nessie may be a marine dinosaur.
12) Dan Taylor saw the monster in the depth of the lake, but it was too dark and he couldn’t take a photo.
II. Task 2. Give the correct ansver a, b, or c.
1) What language can speak the Scots?
2) Where is Loch Ness situated ?
3) What is the average depth of the lake?
4) What did St.Columba see ?
5) What was the mounster doing when St.Columba saw it?
6) What happened after St. Columba played ?
7) What made the modern legend of Loch Ness popular?
8) What was Colonel Robert Wilson ?
9) What did one of Wilson’s friend say after many years ?
10) What kind of heads did marine did marine dinosaurs have ?
11) What nationality was Dan Taylor ?
12) How did people call Taylor’s underwater craft ?
для контролю знань і залучення учнів
до активної роботи у класі та вдома