Read the text.
Leonardo DiCaprio was destined from the beginning to be a wild and lively, boy. His first name was given by his mother who admired Leonardo DaVinci's paintings. But it didn't help a lot. He often cheated at school, especially in Maths, and was more interested in entertaining his classmates than in doing his homework.
Leo's acting debut was on the TV show "Romper Room" at the age of 5. But he was made to leave the show because of his bad behaviour. Only at the age of 14 he started taking part in advertisements and educational films. At 16 he finally got a successful role in the series for teenagers and gained recognition as a talented rising actor. "The best thing about acting is that I get to lose myself in another character and get paid for it," says Leonardo.
Tick the statements T (True) or F (False).
1. Leonardo wasn't a lively boy.
2. He didn't cheat in Maths.
3. Leonardo liked entertaining his classmates.
4. Leo's acting debut was in the series for teenagers.
5. DiCaprio gained recognition as a talented rising actor.
Choose the correct item to complete the sentences.
6. Leonardo's mother admired ____.
7. Leo did not like ___ .
8. Leonardo left his first show because of his bad ____ .
9. At the age of 14 he started taking part in ____ .
10. At 16 he got a successful role in the series for ___ .
Choose the right answer.
11. Was his first acting debut successful?
Choose the question for the following answer.
12. The best thing about acting is that I get to lose myself in another character and get paid for it.
для контролю знань і залучення учнів
до активної роботи у класі та вдома