Read the text.
We live in Ukraine, so we are Ukrainians. Our Motherland is our native town, the house we live in, the snowball tree in the granny’s garden and our mother’s song.
My native town is Vinnytsia. It is more than 650 years old. It is situated on the river Pivdennyi Buh (or Southern Buh). It’s the second longest river in Ukraine. There are three bridges over the river.
Vinnytsia is a very beautiful town. The streets are wide and nice. They are lined up with trees. The central street is Soborna Street. There are best shops and shopping centers there. You can find a lot of museums, cathedrals, churches, galleries, cinemas and theatres. There are many parks and squares in the town, too. But most of all our town is famous for its fountains.
Many tourists from other countries enjoy their visit to Vinnytsia and come back again.
Motherland – Батьківщина
snowball tree – калина
are lined up with – обсаджені (деревами) в ряд
TASK I. Choose the correct answer to complete the sentences. (4 points)
1. The people who live in Ukraine are … .
2. Pivdennyi Buh is the second … river in Ukraine.
3. There are … bridges over the river.
4. The streets are … and … .
5. The streets are lined up with … .
6. You can … a lot of museums, cathedrals, churches, galleries, cinemas and theatres in Vinnytsia.
7. There … many parks and squares in the town, too.
8. Many tourists from other countries want to come … again.
TASK II. Decide if these statements are true(+) or false(-). (4points)
1. Vinnytsia is a very beautiful village.
2. Vinnytsia is more than 450 years old.
3. It stands on the river Pivdennyi Buh.
4. It’s the third longest river in Ukraine.
5. Khreshchatyk Street is the central street of Vinnytsia.
6. There are best shops and shopping centers on the central street.
7. Our town is famous for its circus.
8. Many tourists from other countries enjoy their visit to Vinnytsia.
TASK III. Work with questions. (4 points)
1. Are there many parks and squares in Vinnytsia?
2. Are the streets of Vinnytsia wide or narrow?
3. What is our town famous for?
4. Choose the question for this answer.
Vinnytsia stands on the river Pivdennyi Buh.
для контролю знань і залучення учнів
до активної роботи у класі та вдома