A Little Sister
Pete and Jane have a little sister. Her name is Nelly. Their sister doesn’t go to school. She cannot read, she cannot write; she is only four years old.
In the morning Pete and Jane take their bags with books and exercise-books and go to school. Little Nelly says, “Oh, Pete, give me your bag! I want to go to school with you. I do not want to stay at home. I don’t want to play with my toys. I want to read books. I want to look at the pictures in Jane’s book. Take me with you”.
But the children say, “You are very little, Nelly! We come back after school, and we read books for you and play with you”.
1. Познач правильну відповідь.
1. Peter and Jane have___________________.
a) a little sister b) a big sister
a) doesn’t go to school b) goes to school
a) can read and write b) cannot read and write
4. Nelly is ___________________ years old.
a) four b) six
5. In the morning Peter and Jane go to ______.
a) school b) the park
6. Peter and Jane take ___________ to school.
a) toys b) bags
7. Nelly wants to go to _____with her brother and sister.
a) school b) the garden
8. Peter and Jane don’t take Nelly to school because_.
a) she is very little b) she is a bad girl
9. After school the brother and sister want to ___for Nelly.
a) read books b) do the homework
2. Склади речення зі слів у рядку і запиши їх.
1. Pete / have / and / a / Jane / sister / little.
2. name / is / Her / Nelly.
3. is / She / old / years / only / four.