1. There ____ some pages of history of Zaporizhian Cossacks and about Khortytsya Island known all over the world.
2. Khortytsya Island is the same Khortytsya _____ by Cossacks, sung in prose by Gogol and in verses by Shevchenko.
3. The word "Cossack" was of Turkish origin and it ____ in the Dnipro areas long before the 15th century.
4. The chronicles of the Crimean town Sudak of 1308 _____ that Cossacks defeated Amalcha, the son of Sarmak.
5. "Cossack" in Turkish language ________ several meanings.
6. Polovtsi called Cossacks people _____ as guards.
7. In a wide sense the word "Cossack" _____ a free, independent and armed person.
8. Thanks to Cossacks, Ukrainian people _____ spiritually, develop in a great Slavnation, one of the largest in Europe.
9. In two and a half centuries Ukrainian people ____ the military forces of Cossacks united in a special knighthood - Zaporizhian Sich.
10. They not only saved their land in such a way, but also ____ the European civilization from Turkish and Tatar invasion.
для контролю знань і залучення учнів
до активної роботи у класі та вдома