A. Choose the correct option a, b, c or d to complete the sentences.
1. Many people believe that the president donated money to charity in order to improve his after the scandal.
2. By the time Sheila the table, her mother had finished cooking.
3. Although Fran took several lessons, her Spanish did not at all.
4. Although Charlie was under pressure, he managed to handle the situation successfully.
5. The school takes pride in being an institution that moral values as well as offering an excellent education.
6. A police officer the teenagers who vandalised school property last night, but they managed to escape.
7. Residents have complained about the lack of rubbish bins in the area.
8. I hope he from the shock of his wife’s death.
1. Pamela is doing aerobics to increase her general level of
2. The teacher said that Frank’s poor performance was due to his lack of
3. The young boy showed great when he rescued his drowning sister.
4. Victoria was upset because she forgot to bring her to the graduation ceremony.
5. A of being a member of this gym is that you get free towels and drinks.
6. The doctor said that she was suffering from .
7. A number of burglaries have been reported lately, so we must all be and make sure we contact the police if we see anything suspicious.
1. Abby works as a(n) ____________at a local newspaper.
2. We got a _____________ basket of fruit when we arrived at the hotel.
3. Susan read the nursery rhyme and watched her daughter ________ to sleep.
4. I drink a glass of freshly __________ orange juice every morning.
5. I’m having __________ with tomato sauce for dinner tonight.
Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first, using the words given.
1. ‘Why don’t you make some changes in your life, starting from today?’ the instructor told me.
The instructor in my life, starting from that day.
2. ‘Will my father like my future wife?’ Dennis asked himself.
Dennis like his future wife.
3. ‘Don’t take your father’s car without asking,’ Josh said.
Josh my father’s car without asking.
4. ‘I will never accept this unfair arrangement!’ said Thomas.
Thomas unfair arrangement.
5. ‘I am sorry I forgot your birthday,’ said Marcus.
Marcus my birthday.
Choose the correct option to complete the sentences.
1. Brian insisted on ____________ us to dinner last night.
2. The man refused ___________ the police officer his identity card.
3. Did he apologise for / about his behaviour?
4. Joan will like this book_________she isn’t the romantic type.
5.We asked the elderly couple how long they _________ married.
6. The supervisor told us _________ be late for work again.
Choose the correct option, a, b, or c.
1. Angela us whether we wanted to have fish or chicken for dinner.
2. Michelle wondered if she would ever get a reply to the e-mail she had sent the
3. Many people claimed that they the suspect run out of the building with a bag of stolen goods.
4. The villagers warned us go to the forest late at night.
5. She was telling us about her plan to go to a farm .
6. Julia had hair that it was difficult to wash and style.
7. The employee was asked whether he an offer by another company.
8. Parents insist their children doing their homework every day.
9. Katie to have everything ready by Friday.
для контролю знань і залучення учнів
до активної роботи у класі та вдома