1. The Millennium Wheel or London Eye is 135m high.
2. The Millennium Wheel or London Eye has got 22 glass capsules.
3. The wheel was opened in March 2000 to mark the end of the 18th century and the beginning of the new millennium.
4. Behind the Millennium Wheel you can find Big Ben, the famous clock tower.
5. The Palace of Westminster is also known as the House of Parliament.
6. The government meets in the House of Parliament.
7. One of the best things about London is its rivers.
8. In Regent’s Park you have the smallest grass area for sports in Central London.
9. In Regent’s Park there is an Open Air theatre
10. Everyone can relax, walk and run in the parks
11. Only the police can cycle in the parks.
12. Horses are another good and ecological way of keeping order in London.
13.The National Gallery art museum is in the background of Trafalgar Square.
14. Nelson’s column is a museum to Admiral Nelson.
15. The British Museum is in Great Russell Street.
16.You can walk over the old Millennium Bridge to the Tate Modern museum.
17. The new Millennium Bridge was opened on 10th January.
18. The Bridge had to be closed after just a few days.
19.The Tate Modern museum is a converted new power station.
20. St. Paul’s Cathedral is a tourist attraction and there are 1530 steps up to the Gallery.
21. The Changing of the Guard takes place inside the grounds of Buckingham Palace every day at 11a.m.
22. The Changing of the Guard lasts about 40 minutes.
23. There are usually a lot of people near Buckingham Palace.
24.Tower Bridge opens up for big and small boats.
25. The two towers join Tower Bridge
для контролю знань і залучення учнів
до активної роботи у класі та вдома