Урок № 89
Тема: Outdoor activity. Favourite season of the weather
Підтема: Look back
Обладнання уроку: підручник, робочий зошит, презентація, аудіотекст, картки.
І. Stage of the lesson
1.1. Organization stage
Good morning, pupils. Take your places. How are you today? Do you like today’s weather?
Today we will have an unusual lesson.
Guess my riddle to understand what it is connected with.
Spring is green,
Summer is bright,
Autumn is yellow,
Winter is white. (seasons)
We’ll do many different exercises, listen to the audio and have good time. Let’s start our lesson.
1.2. Phonetic exercise
1.3. Speaking exercise
Do you really know how seasons of the weather differ? Let’s say whether sentences are true or false. (ex. 3 p. 173)
1. It can be sunny and rainy in spring. (+)
2. Many birds fly south in autumn. (+)
3. People often sit in shade in winter. (-)
4. There is more rain in autumn than in summer. (+)
5. There isn’t any snow in the mountains in winter. (-)
6. The soil rests in spring. (+)
7. Summer is season of thunderstorms. (+)
II. Основна частина
2. 1. Перевірка домашнього завдання
Ex. 4 p. 178
Cold, rainy, umbrellas, snow, dry, warm
2.2. Months quiz. Let’s do it one by one.
1. The first month of the year is…
2. We have school holidays in …
3. The first summer month is..
4. The shortest month is…
5. We have Christmas in…
6. The first autumn month is…
June, February, January (December), September, January, October (also April and January)
2.3. Робота з текстом для аудіювання
Can you guess the description of the weather? We’ll listen to the audio. Your task will be to guess the season (ex. 2 p. 174).
-spring, winter, autumn, summer.
-робота після прослухування
And now girls will declaim the verses about certain seasons of the weather they have prepared beforehand.
2. 4. Working with vocabulary
How many months exist in the year? (12) Let’s name them first (on the slide). Look at the poster there you can see the months halves, join them.
Ex. 3 p. 95 WB. (the same example)
2. 5. Improvement of grammatical skills
A little grammar. Let’s revise our knowledge on the topic - the Past Simple Tense the verb ‘to be’. Open your books at page 167 ex. 2. Let’s do one by one. Write these sentences down.
2. 6. Physical exercise
2. 7. Practising in grammar
2. 7.1. Find the differences. Write down was|were and the amount, as in the example. Use your cards.
1. Yesterday there were 2 children in the park. Today there are three.
2. Yesterday there ______ in the sky. Today there are four.
3. Yesterday there ________ butterflies. Today there is one.
4. Yesterday there _______ dog. Today there are two.
5. Yesterday there _______ boats on the lake. Today there are three.
6. Yesterday there _______ frogs. Today there is one.
2. 7.2. You may see cards of the different colours on your desks. Take them. Use the proper preposition of place: in, in the, at, at the and raise your hand with it.
In the mountains
At the restaurant
In the classroom
At the seaside
In the village
At the dentist’s
2. 8. Working with the vocabulary
2.8.1. There are some pictures on the blackboard, but they are mixed. Hang them under the appropriate season. I need 2 volunteers:
Summer: hot, sunny, the sky is blue
Winter: frosty, cold, snowy, windy,
Spring: melting, flowers grow, the grass is green.
Autumn: rainy and wet, birds fly south, the leaves fall
The others will do exercise in your workbooks. Open them at page 94 ex. 2. Your task will be to create sentences. Rite 3 sentences in your workbook.
2.9. Practising in reading
In spring flowers blossom and snow melts. It can be sunny one moment and rainy the next.so, tak your umbrella with you. In summer people often sit in the shade to cool themselves a bit. During the storm you may see lightning and hear thunder.
2. 10. Practising in speaking
1. What do you wear when it’s…
It’s clear that you’d better to wear proper clothes for certain weather. Say what do you wear when it’s…
2. Create the dialogue as in the example using the table below. The example is on your cards.
A: What is the weather like today?
B: It is 4A.
A. Is it slippery?
B. Yes it is (No, it is not). Your turn now.
3. Guess the riddles
When days are cool
When we eat apples
And go to school. (autumn)
When children ski
And Grandfather Frost
Brings the New Year tree. (winter)
The flowers are blooming
The rains are few. (spring)
2.11. Working with audio
-listening to the audio
Let’s sum up our lesson and watch short video about all 4 seasons.
Characterise all the seasons. Beginning like.. It is… in.
Name monthes of the four seasons: winter, spring, summer, autumn.
III. Заключний етап
3.1. Підсумки уроку
3.2. Повідомлення домашнього завдання
Ex. 1 p. 180 to read and translate
3.3 Виставлення оцінок, мотивація роботи