Контрольна робота з англійської мови для 11-го класу на тему: "Make up Your Mind". Метою контрольної роботи є перевірити рівень мовної та комунікативної компетенції за темою; розвивати пам'ять, увагу, мислення та мовлення учнів; виховувати самостійність.
Topic: Make up your Mind
Match the following words with their definitions
1) career a) a person who works for somebody
2) possibility b) a job or profession that you have been trained for, and which you do for a long period of your life
3) opportunity c) a chance that something may happen or to be true
4) job d) money that you receive as payment from the organization you work for, usually paid to you every month
5) occasion e) when you stop working, usually because of your age
6) work f) an event or a time when something happens
7) pay g) a possibility of doing something , or a situation which gives you the possibility of doing something
8) salary h) used to talk about particular type of work activity which you do
9) retirement i) something you do to earn money
10) employee j) money that you are given for doing your job
Fill in the gaps with the appropriate form of the verb in brackets.
III. Reading (20 points)
Read the following text and complete the gaps with words from the table.
A (1) _________ year is time out (2)__________ between life (3) _______. It is also known as (4) ___________, referring to a period of time in which people (5) ___________from curricular (6) _____________ and/or work and undertake (7) _________ such as traveling, (8) ______________ or working abroad.
During this gap-year, students engage in (8) ___________ and non-academic courses, (9) __________studies, volunteer work, travel, internships, (10)__________and more, all for the purpose of improving themselves and their (11) _________ before going to college.
Stages, gap, to travel, volunteering, activities, sport, time off, disengage (звільнятися), language, education, extra-academic, resumes.
Choose one of the topic and explain it.