Lesson PLANNING 69 ( 6th class)
Topic «The Great Places of the world !!!»
to encourage sts to speak about wonderful sights
to develop skills of reading /speaking / listening
to introduce new vocabulary
to provide the opportunities for the comprehensive reading / watching video
to provide the opportunities for STDS’ relaxation
I. Introductory part a) Т: Good morning, dear pupils! At the previous lessons we successfully started learning a new topic « Wonderful World». We had a great time while listening to the song, didn’t we? What about starting our lesson with this poem?
Airplane, airplane, take me away!
Take me somewhere exciting today.
Show me the world which is very far,
Show me Bangkok and Masai Mara
Bring me to Kenya
And the Great Chinese Wall.
Bring me to Paris ,
The elegant city of all
Land in Trafalgar and the Tower Old
Show me London , the wonder of all.
1. Watch the video sequence and tick the place you haven’t seen in the video.
2. Write the place to each picture: and watch the sequence again.
3. Written activity : write the name of each place.
А ) Write the name of the place:
1) It is a romantic city … the city of lights, the city of art galleries. _______________________________
2) There are beautiful views of beaches and mountains. ______________________________________
3) You can visit hundreds of temples, shopping and nightlife are great here!____________________
4) It’s a fantastic place to watch animals: zebras, elephants, antelope, hippos and lions. __________
5) The colours in the canyon are amazing. It is really awesome!!! _______________________________
6) It is a wonderful city , with its beautiful bridges, palaces, cathedrals and towers_______________
4. Watch the sequence again .Read the sentences and circle the correct word.
Circle the correct word:
1) Bangkok has over 4/ 6 million people. 2) There are 4000/ 400 temples in Bangkok. 3) Bangkok is an important place for Christians /Buddhists around the world. 4) Cape Town / Masai Mara has huge open spaces, fantastic animals, all underneath the great African sky. 5) Paris is elegant, romantic but cheap/ expensive. 5)Friendly people, lots of beaches, and/ but the food is very , very cheap. 6) You love the mountains and beaches that make Cape Town so special. And these little guys – the penguins/ the zebras. 7) This is the big moment: the number one place to see before you die is Paris/ The Grand Canyon.
5. A minute for rest “ If you’re happy and you really want to show.
BB!!! 6. Match each place to the continent they belong to.
Match each place to the continent it belongs to:
Cape Town Asia
The Grand Canyon Asia
The Great Chinese Wall North America
Masai Mara Africa
7. Let’s start our trip to London. ( Let’s get ready for the excursion).
8. Start for the excursion ( Prepare your questions).
9. Acting out.
10. Cross and Naught: about London.
11. Let’s sing a song about English.
III.Summing –up h/w A) ex.1,p. 106.