Unit 2. MY SCHOOL
Lesson 17 (9)
Topic: Story Time. Revision
Lesson time: 35 minutes
1. Learning outcomes: learners will be able to identify and recognize school objects; to identify and recognize and execute teacher`s school commands, such as “Stand up! Sit down!”, answer the questions “What is it?”, “Is it a …?”
2. The objectives: - to improve skills of using the vocabulary in speech;
- to spread pupils’ knowledge on the topic;
- to develop skills of work in pairs, memory, skills of comparison;
- to bring up careful attitude to school things.
3. Materials: multimedia system, CD player, flashcards (school things).
Song “ Hello, hello!” (відео супровід)
2. Warming up.
3. The main part.
Teacher: Let’s start our lesson. Today we will repeat our school objects:
a pen, a pencil, a ruler, a book, a bag, a desk, a table, a chair, a pencil box.
Listen and point: pen, pencil, book, ruler, deck, table, chair, pencil box.
Game_1. Teacher: And now let`s play the «Do like me!». (Physical activity)
Teacher: Let’s work into our cards!
4. Learning the rhyme/ song.
PB: Ex. 4 p. 31
Teacher: Now, let`s listen the rhyme “Robot Sam” and look on the pictures p. 31 (listening rhyme by CD Unit-2-Les_9-4.Story Time.mp3).
5. Physical activity
Let’s do exercises : Stand up (song “If You Happy, Clap your hands”) (відео супровід)
Game_2. Teacher: And now let`s play the Domino Game “School Objects”
6. Summing up
- Did you like our lesson?
- What did you like best of all?
Teacher: Dear pupils! Please, take your smiley and stick them at the poster of your mood.