School summer English camp «Friends»
Date: 06.06.2019 Anastasia Bilets`ka
Topic «THE NATURE OF THE CONTINENTS»
(Africa/ America/ Eurasia)
Lesson time: 35 minutes
2. The objectives: - to improve skills of using the vocabulary in speech;
- to improve skills of using grammatical knowledge;
- to spread pupils’ knowledge on the topic;
- motivate pupils to study English;
- to develop skills of work in pairs, memory, skills of comparison;
- to bring up careful attitude to the nature.
3. Materials: multimedia system, flashcards, posters with continents, The World maps, pupil`s cards, scissors, glue, coloured pencils.
VIDEO: Do you know the continents? [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9ayMXBDaMg]
2. Warming up.
Teacher: And now let`s remember the motto of our camp and our group!
Friends! What are we?
Come to us and you will see!
We are funny, we are great,
We are ready to create!
Happy, active, very smart,
Everybody wants to start!
Africa is super, Africa is cool!
Africa is great!
In summer, at the school.
America is here,
America is there,
We are the best!
We᾽re feeling fine!
We᾽ll be your friends!
We᾽ll blow your mind!
II. THE MAIN PART.
VIDEO: Beautiful nature. [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxvnNVnSMj4]
Teacher: - What was this video about?
Children: - About the Nature.
Teacher: - Yes, you right! It was about the Nature. And today, we will study a topic «The nature of the continents» (I group - Nature of Africa; II group - Nature of America; III group - Nature of Eurasia)
So, let’s start our lesson!
The teacher shows the slides of the presentation and telling what categories the concept of «Nature» consists of (Landscape, Climate, Plants, Animals)
A Project 1.
Children get pictures with weather phenomena. They stick pictures around the map of the continent in the area where such phenomena occur.
A Project 1.
Children get pictures of animals. They stick pictures around the map of the continent in the area where these animals live.
Physical activity Let’s do exercises: Stand up!
III. SUMMING UP.
- What topic did we study?
- What does nature depend on?
- Do you liked our lesson?
- What did you like best of all?
Teacher: - Dear pupils! Please, take your smiley and stick them at the poster of your mood. - I like our lesson!
Teacher: - Goodbye.
Children: - Goodbye.