Міністерство освіти і науки України
Чорноморський морський коледж Одеського національного морського університету
З предмету «Англійська мова»
Розглянуто та схвалено
на засіданні методичної комісії
Протокол № __ від __________
Голова методичної комісії
Анточ І.Ю. – викладач другої категорії;
Тип уроку: вивчення нового матеріалу.
Вид уроку: розповідь – екскурсія.
Оснащення уроку: комп’ютер, екран,колонки, роздатковий матеріал, презентація для роботи з учнями, відео фрагменти.
Міжпредметні зв’зки: з культурологією, зарубіжною літературою.
Teacher: Good morning!
We are glad to see you.
Teacher: Today we are going to speak about one of the greatest English poets William Shakespeare. It is impossible to speak about the English literature without speaking about this author. He was the man who had the largest and most comprehensive soul. People all over the world can’t help admiring his great talent.
William Shakespeare… The brilliant poet, the marvelous dramatist, the greatest of the great. He was not of an age, but for all time.
Teacher: "All the world is a stage and all the men and women were players".
This quotation is known to everybody. Translate it, please.
But there are a lot of other famous quotations and interesting expressions from Shakespeare’s plays. Do you know another quotations from Shakespeare’s plays?
Pupils: 1) “To be or not to be: that is the question.”
Быть или не быть: вот в чем вопрос.
2)“If music be a play of love, play on!”
О, музыка, ты пища для любви! Играйте же.
3) “Life is not all cakes and ale.”
Жизнь прожить – не поле перейти.
4) “Much ado about nothing.”
Много шума из ничего.
5) “Brevity is the soul of wit.”
Краткость – сестра таланта.
6) “Sweets to the sweet”
Прекрасное – прекрасной.
7) “All is well that ends well.”
Все хорошо, что хорошо кончается.
Teacher: Thanks a lot. And now we are going to the main part of our lesson.
1.Работа з лексикою
Teacher. At first let’s write down into vocabularies new words and phrases.
Stratford-upon-Avon - Стретфорд-на-Ейвоні
the Great Unknown - Великий Невідомий
Anne Hathaway - Енн Гетевей
the Globe Theatre – театр Глобус
Doubtful - сумнівний
Occupy - займати
Performance - вистава
Playwright - драматург
Experience - досвід
Genius - геній
Remarkable – чудовий
Teacher.Let’s repeat all together new words after me.
2. Повідомлення учнів про життя та творчість В.Шекспіра. Перегляд презентації.
Teacher. Today our students have prepared a presentation about some facts from Shakespeare’s biography. Listen to them very attentively because you’ll have some tasks after presentation.
Pupil 1: The name of William Shakespeare is known all over the world. The last half of the 16th and the beginning of the 17th centuries are known as the Golden Age of English Renaissance and sometimes are called “The Age of Shakespeare”.
People often call Shakespeare “Our National Bard”, “The Immortal Poet of Nature”. We really know few facts of his life and many of them are doubtful. But some facts are known to us and are proved by documents.
Pupil 2: The first fact of Shakespeare’s biography is that he was born on April 23, 1564 in Stratford-on-Avon. His father was a dealer in corn, meat, wool. His mother was a daughter of a rich farmer in the village of Wilmcote. He was educated at the King’s new school in Stratford. He learned grammar, latin and logic at the Grammаr school and then developed his literary skill.
We also know that being 18 years old, William married Anne Hathaway, who was 9 years older than he. They had a daughter Susanna and twins – son Hamnet and daughter Judith. His wife didn’t like theatre.
Pupil 3: It`s known that in 1567 Shakespeare went to London to find a job, where he began writing plays staged at the Globe Theatre. By 1592 he had been an important member of a well-known acting company. He wrote 38 plays and 154 sonnets. He described the sights and sounds of London in his plays.
It is known that only in 1616 at the height of his fame Shakespeare returned to Stratford where on April 23, 1616 he died. He was buried in a fine old church in Stratford.
Teacher: Look at this slides which are connected with William Shakespeare.
1) This is the Holy Trinity Church where Shakespeare was buried. Besides as a child he was baptized here too. It s interesting that the date of his death and his birthday is the same - 23 April.
2) John Shakespeare`s house in Henley Street, William Shakespeare`s birthplace. His eight children were born here. Three of them died young. One of them lived to the old
3) Mary Arden`s house, three miles north west of Stratford. Here lived Shakespeare`s mother. She inherited this house and the farm.
4) This is the room in the Grammar school where Shakespeare was educated.
5) Anna Hathaway`s cottage, a mile from Stratford, where she was born in 1556 and lived until she married William Shakespeare in 1582.
3.А. Питання до учнів про життя та творчість В.Шекспіра
Teacher: You have mentioned the main facts from William Shakespeare’s biography. Now, I`d like you to agree or disagree with some facts of Shakespeare’s life. (На основі тексту про біографію Шекспира)
1. Shakespeare was born in the 17th century.
No, it isn’t true. He was born in the 16th century, in 1564.
2. William got a good education in London.
It’s not true. He got his education in a Grammar school in Stratford.
3. William married late. His wife was younger than him.
It’s false. He married when he was 18. His wife was 9 years older than himself.
4. William Shakespeare had three children: a daughter Susanna and twin sons.
He really had 3 children: a daughter Susanna and twins, but they were a daughter Judith and a son Hamnet.
5. His wife Anne Hathaway loved theatre very much.
No, it’s not true. His wife didn’t love theatre.
6. Shakespeare never acted on the stage.
It’s not true. William acted his plays himself.
7. Shakespeare died in London and was buried in Westminster Abbey.
It’s false. He died in Stratford-on-Avon and was buried in the Holy Trinity Church in Stratford.
8. Shakespeare wrote 37 plays, 154 sonnets. It’s true.
Teacher: Our guests , we ask you to help us to check their answers.
3.B. Match the pictures and the text.
a) This is the Holy Trinity Church where Shakespeare was buried. Besides as a child he was baptized here too. It s interesting that the date of his death and his birthday is the same - 23 April.
b) John Shakespeare`s house in Henley Street, William Shakespeare`s birthplace. His eight children were born here. Three of them died young. One of them lived to the old
c) Mary Arden`s house, three miles north west of Stratford. Here lived Shakespeare`s mother. She inherited this house and the farm.
d) This is the room in the Grammar school where Shakespeare was educated.
e) Anna Hathaway`s cottage, a mile from Stratford, where she was born in 1556 and lived until she married William Shakespeare in 1582.
4. Виконання вправ різного типу для активізації усного мовлення учнів.
Teacher: Now let us do several exercises and see if you understood the information about Shakespeare you have heard.
A) Translate from Russian into English: В) Interpret the following phrases:
-эти близнецы похожи как две капли воды; 1. He makes gloves-
- в конце 16-го века; 2. He writes plays-
- в начале 17-го века; 3. To work as an actor-
- к тому времени; 4. Different stories staged in a theatre-
- мало что известно о; 5.Sad stories with the unhappy ending-
- для личного чтения; 6.Young people from 13 to 19 years old
- его пьесы до сих пор идут… 7. Funny stories with the happy ending-
C) Finish the following sentences: 1. William Shakespeare is…
2. William Shakespeare was…
3. His father John Shakespeare lived in…
4. William was the third child …
5. Shakespeare’s great plays…
6. He stopped writing in…
7. He was buried in the…
Робота з відео фрагментами п’єс.
Teacher: There is hardly a person who has never read, watched the play or a screen version of them. Now let`s watch the extracts from his plays and enjoy them in Russian translation. Guess what are they, name them.
(The pupils watch screen version of plays.)
Teacher: And now one of our students recite a part of Hamlet monologue in Ukrainian.
2. Shakespeare`s sonnets.
Teacher: Shakespeare`s sonnets occupy a unique place in his literary legacy. There are three main characters in the sonnets: the Poet, his Friend and the Dark Lady. The poet expresses the warmest admiration to his friend and love for the Dark Lady.
T. Now let`s listen to the sonnet № 130 and its translation into Russian (by S. Marshak).
(The pupils recite the sonnet they chose).
Teacher: It’s one of the immortal 154 Shakespeare`s sonnets.
3. Grammar task.
Teacher: After poetic part of our lesson, let’s move on Grammar task. Each group have to fill the gaps on the shit of paper. Refresh your memory The Past Simple tense and prepositions.
1. William Shakespeare ____ ________in Stratford-upon-Avon ___ the 23rd of April, 1564. (to born; in/on)
2. His mother Marry Arden was a daughter ___ a farmer (by/of)
3. His father John Shakespeare _____a glove-maker.(to be)
4. What kind of education _____he_______? (to get)
5. He got a good classical education ___King’s New School.(in/at)
6. Why___ he _____Stratford? (to leave) - We ___ _____ exactly why he did it. (not to know)
7. What ____he________ in London? (to become)
8. In 1599 a partnership of company membership _______ the Globe theatre. (to build)
9. In 1613 he ________writing and ______to live in Stratford. (to stop/to go)
10. Shakespeare died ___the 23rd ___ April 1616 and ____ ______in the chancel of the Holy Trinity Church in Stratford-upon-Avon. (in/on; of/in; to bury)
4. Summary questions:
Answer: (He was born on April 23, 1564 in Stratford-on-Avon.)
Answer: (William married Anne Hathaway .They had a daughter Susanna and twins – son Hamnet and daughter Judith.)
Answer: (Shakespeare wrote: 37 plays, 154 sonnets, 2 poems)
Answer: (He died on April 23, in 1616)
Answer: (He was buried in the Holy Trinity Church in Stratford.)
Teacher: Dear friends, thank you for the lesson. You have learnt a lot of things about Shakespeare’s family, about his native town, about his plays and his sonnets. I think it was very interesting and you will remember our lesson for a long time. Shakespeare was a great poet. He was “for all time”.
The lesson is over.