Аудіювання на тему «Неймовірні здібності людського мозку»
Task 1. Read the definition of autism and think how such people might feel in society.
Autism is a spectrum of medical conditions, where people find a lot of difficulty in forming social relationships and in putting themselves into other people’s shoes, where it’s difficult to imagine other people’s thoughts and feelings, where the individual develops very strong and narrow interests, obsessions and doing things in a very competitive way.
AUTISM – a mixture of abilities and disabilities
Task 2. Watch a video. What symptoms of autism does Daniel have.
Task 3. Watch again and answer the questions:
1. Why was Daniel crying all the time in his childhood?
2. How could his parents calm him down?
3. What did he like in his primary school?
4. How can we explain his obsession with Math?
5. What was missing in his life?
6. What was another autist’s gift for?
7. What were his social skills like?
8. How autism can be explained from the biological point of view?
9. What is unusual about Daniel’s autism?