Контрольна робота з англійської мови для 11-го класу на тему: "Focus on Youth". Метою контрольної роботи є перевірити рівень мовної та комунікативної компетенції за темою; розвивати пам'ять, увагу, мислення та мовлення учнів; виховувати самостійність.
Topic: Focus on Youth
Match the synonyms
1) self-centered a) one-colour
2) self-importance b) sure of yourself
3) self-discipline c) strength of will
4) self-confident d) decadence
5) self-respect e) pride
6) self-pity f) lack of confidence
7) self-admiration g) sense of worth
8) self-doubt h) egotistical
9) self-coloured i) arrogance
1. Complete the sentences either with a Gerund or an Infinitive form of the verbs in brackets.
1. A lot of people dislike (drive) ________at night
2. Anne couldn’t find a taxi so I offered (drive) _________her to the station.
3. I managed (book) _________two seats on the morning flight.
4. I promise (send) _________you our new brochure as soon as it’s available.
5. Peter was delighted (meet) _______ a former colleague at the conference.
6. I avoid (take) ________the cat whenever possible, especially in big cities.
7. We finished the job by (work) ________ 12 hours a day.
8. Bob sent a report to the Chairman instead of (attend) ________the meeting.
9. It’s obvious he’s only interested in (make) __________ money.
10. I intend (speak) ___________ to my boss about your complaint.
2. Continue the sentences with your own ideas; use a Gerund or an Infinitive form
1. I don’t mind_______________________________________
2. I couldn’t help ___________________________________
3. I can’t afford ___________________________________
4. We may expect _________________________________
5. We hope ______________________________________
3. Choose the letter of the correct answer.
1. I find it hard ______why you like reading those trashy novels.
a) to understand b) understanding c) understand
2. He loves ________because it gives him a feeling of doing something useful.
a) to garden b) gardening c) garden
3. There is no point in ________you to do the washing-up.
a) ask b) to ask c) asking
4. As you refuse _________on Sundays there is no point in offering you overtime.
a) work b) to work c) working
5. I am thinking of _________away on holidays over Easter.
a) to go b) going c) go
6. The restaurant we intend _________at on Saturday evening is sure to be to your taste.
a) eat b) to eat c) eating
7. I don’t want her _________to dinner because I know she will say something to annoy me.
a) to come b) coming c) come
1. Complete the sentences with the words from the box
More and more young people are involved in _____(1). There are several possible _____(2) for this. Firstly, lack of _______(3) at home and at _______(4) could be the cause. Young people often grow up ______(5) and ______(6), because children receive no discipline at home.
Secondly, social conditions such as ________(7) and _________(8) are important. In big cities there are groups of _________(9) teenagers who steal in order to ______(10). Besides, in many cities young drugs addicts ______(11) crimes so as to be able to buy ________(12).
So, there are many ______(13) which have caused an increase crime among young people. It is difficult to know which of them _________(14), or how the increase can be stopped.
Reasons, discipline, school, to eat, disruptive, to commit, homeless, drug addiction, unruly, poverty, crime, drugs, factors, responsible