1. Read the article and match the aspects
1 …: You start introducing yourself as „Jim at I-I-Net dot net dot...“ All of your friends have signs in their names. You don’t know the sex of three of your closest friends, because they have neutral nicknames and you never bothered to ask.
2…: You kiss your boyfriend’s home page. Your girlfriend drapes a blond wig over your monitor to remind you of what she looks like. Your wife says communication is important in a marriage...so you buy another computer and install a second phone line so the two of you can chat.
3…: You step out of your room and realize that your parents have moved and you don’t have a clue when it happened. You can’t call your mother...she doesn’t have a modem.
4…: Your dog has its own home page... And your dog’s home page is actually good.
5…: You code your homework in HTML and give your teacher the URL.
A. Parents. B. Making friends. C. Dating and marriage. D. Schoolwork. E. Pets
2. Match the science with its definition ( four sciences are extra ).
1. Design and construction of roads, bridges, buildings ________________________________
2. Science of very low temperatures _______________________________________________
3. Science of communication and control in machines and brain _________________________
4. Study of work environments and conditions _______________________________________
Ergonomics, ethnology, astronautics, cryogenics, geopolitics, civil engineering, cybernetics, astrophysics
3. Match the nouns below with their meanings ( two words are extra )
Newsgroup, megabyte, chat room, scanner, RAM database, spam, attachment, palmtop
1 online conversation between a group of people ______________________________________
2 website where people get information about a certain topic they are interested in ___________
3 file sent together with an e-mail message ___________________________________________
4 unwanted material sent to your computer (ads etc.) ___________________________________
5 large collection of information ___________________________________________________
6 measure for computer memory ___________________________________________________
7 memory in a computer used for temporary storage of information _______________________
4. Match the words on the left with the words on the right to get the right phrases
1. to top up of charge
2. to boost learning
3. to facilitate cell phone
4. free self - confidence
5 .long-lasting problems
6. to share content
7. harmful restrictions
8. legal friendship