Theme: Шкільне приладдя. Прийменники in, on, under.
Objectives: to train and improve four types of pupils’ language skills;
to develop communicative skills on the theme “ School”;
to practice using of the prepositions of place ( in, on, under);
to develop students’ imagination and knowledge of English;
to motivate and improve children in effective learning.
Materials: CD-player, picture-cards, grammar tables, a ball, toys.
Good morning, good morning, good morning to you,
Good morning, good morning, I’m glad to see you.
The teacher takes a toy and ask question, such as:
-What is your name?
-How are you?
-How old are you?
-Where do you live?
3. Phonetic drills: Pupils replay the words on the theme “School” after the teacher, who shows
picture-cards and names them.
2. The main part of the lesson:
1. Vocabulary work:
- Game “Show me.” Teacher puts pictures on the desk and children show her the words.
- Game “Guess what?” T: Is it a ruler?
P: Yes, it is/ No, it isn’t.
-Game with a ball. Teacher throws the ball to the pupils. They name different objects.
2. Speaking: -Children get pictures and make sentences with grammar structure I have a/
I don’t have a…
-Teacher asks questions: Do you have a..? –Yes, I do/No, I don’t.
3. Relaxation: Song “Listen to the numbers” and “Zoom, zoom my plane” (Children listen, sing and move)
4. Introducing grammar :
- Teacher shows children grammar cards with preposition of a place (in, on, under) and they repeat.
- Children look at the pictures, listen (Exercise 1, page15).
- Children look at the pictures, listen and say (Exercise 1, page15).
- Children look at the pictures and make sentences (Exercise 2, page15).
E.g. The pen is on the desk.
It is under the table.
What new words have you learnt?
Song “Good bye”.