Тематична контрольна робота у 9 класі за темою “Inventions and Discoveries”. (Unit 4 “Science Magic”, підручник А.Несвіт) відповідає вимогам програми.
Тематична контрольна робота у 9 класі
за темою “Inventions and Discoveries”.
(Unit 4 “Science Magic”, підручник А.Несвіт)
2) keypad b) пристрій
3) To browse c) клавіатура
4) A device d) цифровий органайзер
5) A receiver e) кришка складаного телефону
6) A digital organizer f) переглядати (сторінки)
II. Put the verbs in the brackets into the correct forms (use Passive Voice).
1. Hundreds of wax figures … (show) in the Madame Tussauds Museum in London.
2. The telephone … (invent) by Alexander Bell.
3. The fridge … (repair) at this moment.
4. Dictionaries often … (sell) at the university bookstore.
5. The law of gravity … (discover) by Isaac Newton.
6. Today coffee … (grow) in several American and African countries.
III. Read the text. Put the verbs in brackets into their Past form. Guess, who is the text about?
Most people know that he (create)1____________ the first working light bulb, but they don't know anything else about him. He (invent) 2___________ over
1000 different things. Among his inventions are: the phonograph (record player),
the movie camera and the movie projector. He (make)3_____________ his
electric light bulb in 1879, but there was still much work to do. No one
(know)4___________ how to use electricity outside of laboratory . He and his
workers created a safe electric system. First they (build)5__________ a factory.
Then they( have)6___________ to build the dynamos to make the electricity.
Next they had to build electric lines. To show people that he (be)7___________
serious, he (begin)8___________ his project in New York City. By 1887, most part of New York City was electrified.
He (live)9_________ until 1931. He (continue)10_____________ to invent all his life. He was a true genius.
1 … 2 … 3… 4 … 5 … 6 … 7 … 8 … 9 …
(Thomas Alva Edison)
IV. Writing. Many people think that mobile phones aren’t really important tools for teenagers; they are just expensive toys teenagers use for fun and nothing more. What do you think?