1. Read the text and put sentences into the correct order
I like Christmas, Mother*s Day and St.Valentine*s Day. But my favourite holiday is The New Year. Usually my parents and I celebrate this holiday at home or at our village cottage where my grandparents live. And this New Year we also celebrated the New Year with our Granny and Grandpa. We had a lot of fun. We did not want to decorate the New Year Tree in the house because we saw a nice fir-tree in the yard. My father and I decorated it with old toys and garlands. At night my aunt, uncle and cousins came and we sang songs and danced around the New Year Tree. Most of all everybody enjoyed playing snowballs. Then we gave presents to each other. My cousins got new bikes and I got a new smartphone.
2. Choose the right option to complete the sentences
1) The holiday I like most is……… .
a) The New Year b) Christmas c) St. Valentines Day d) Mothers Day
2) This new Year we celebrated… .
a) at home b) in the village c) with our friends d) at the seaside
3) Most of all we liked…… .
a) singing songs b) dancing c) decorating the New Year Tree d) playing snowballs
4) My cousins got…..as presents.
a) bikes b) mobile phones c) toys d) garlands
3. Write short answers
1) Where do my parents and I usually celebrate the New Year?
2) Where did we decorate the New Year Tree?
3) Who came to celebrate the New Year with us at night?
4) What present did I get?