Topic: Focus on life skills. Can you describe a perfect student?
Aims: 1. To practise communication skills.
2. To maintain digital skills.
3. To develop self-assessment skills.
Sourses: Focus 2 SB, Video, Word cloud
Outcomes: Students can formulate basic traits of character for successful learning.
Students can assess their own studying skills.
I.Warming – up:
- Look at the word cloud. What part of speech are the words? (adj)
- What/Who can be described by these adjectives?
- Can they refer to a student?
III.Watching and listening:
-Watch the interview and complete the gaps, ex 2 p 125
- Check as a class
IV.Speaking and communication:
- Ex 4 p 125. Look through the questions. Translate # 2,3,4
- Discuss the questions in pairs. Put down your partner’s answers.
- Tell the class what your partner thinks.
- Are you a perfect student? Ex 3 p 125. Make up 2-3 sentences. Name your traits of character and make conclusions about yourself as a student.
- Several students voice their ideas.
V. Home task: Write an essay ‘Are you a perfect student?’. Mind three parts: introduction, main body and conclusion.
Feedback: What part of the lesson was the most informative to you?