Розробка уроку у 10 класі за підручником О.Карпюк (поглиблене вивчення)
Theme: Appearance and personality.
Objectives: to train and improve pupils` language skills in speaking, reading, listening and writing; to generalize pupils` knowledge on the topic; to revise grammar and lexical material; vocabulary consolidation, team work and collaboration with a partner; to develop good understanding of team work, the ability to think logically; to give clear presentation of their point of view.
T: Dear students! I’m glad to see you! I feel you have a great desire to study English and get much knowledge. Our topic is “Appearance and personality”, I think it’s very interesting; it combines such topics as appearance, character, behavior, hobbies.
1. Warm up
- Lets read poem of unknown authors:
If there is right in the soul,
There is beauty in the person.
If there is beauty in the person,
There will be harmony in the home,
If there will be harmony in the home,
There will be order in the nation.
If there will be order in the nation,
There will be peace in the world.
- How do you understand this poem?
- It is true that beauty of person depends on the state of the soul?
- What do you think makes a personality?
- What is necessary to become a personality?
- Is it possible to tell or judge about a person as a personality looking at her or his appearance or the clothes she or he wears?
T: So, today we will speak about appearance of personality and features of character.
ІІ. MAIN PART
a) Vocabulary review
- Look at the screen and write down some word/word-phrases for our lesson. (PowerPoint)
- Lets translate these words.
b) Pretty and ugly features
- Divide these words on pretty and ugly characteristics of person’s appearance
c) Answer the questions from exercise 3 page 69. Use words learning today for your answer.
a) Describe photos
- Look at the photos on screen and describe peoples depicted on them.
-What we can say about these peoples?
-What you can say about their character?
- What do you think it is true that “Meet on clothes and escorted by the mind”? Why?
b) My ideal
- Now I want you, using phrases from ex.4.p.69, describe boy/girl of your dreams. (1-4 pupils read)
3.Play game “Guess who”
-Here we have some photos on our screen. I will describe persons and you must guess whom I mean.
This person has an oval face, a large fleshy nose, heavy eyebrows, large dark eyes with sacks underneath them. This person has long blond hair and mustache with beard.
This person has an oval face, straight nose, smooth, a clean skin, dark eyes, full of sensitive lips. Hair is straight, short cut.
This person has square face, a large fleshy nose, dark eyes with sacks underneath them, big, full lips. Short, curly, light-brown hair and bristle.
This person has an oval face, straight nose, thin lips, a small dark eyes with sacks underneath them. The face is covered with wrinkles and spots. Hair is thin, white.
This person has an oval face, straight nose, full lips. The skin is clean, sun-tan. Eyes are big, dark. The skulls are clearly expressed. Hair is blond, straight, long.
This person has round face, straight nose, full, red lips. The skin is clean, white and smooth. An eyes is big, dark with long eyelashes. Hair is dark, straight and long.
4. Listening practice
a) Lets listen some dialogue. (ex.7.p.70) During your listening write down characteristics of appearance from dialogue.
b) Make your own dialogue. (Work in pair)
Vocabulary: listen, repeat
scissors owner factory common pale messy lovable cunning likeable headscarf inventor inventions eventually
T: The text “The art of transformation”, about the famous actor.
Look at the pictures… What does each person look like?
T: Adjectives for describing personality. Sort these words into positive, negative. Match the words to their synonyms
1 shy a easy to like
2 lonely b timid
3 lovable c crafty
4 cunning d alone
5 nutty e pleasant
6 brave f crazy
7 intelligent g clever
8 sociable h courageous
9 charming i friend
6. Writing practice
- And now I want you write some words about beauty. What is more important for you inner or physical beauty. (1-3 pupils read in class)
Project-work: Make up presentation on following themes:
- Your mark is…because…
- Our lesson is over. Goodbye.