Underline the proper article
1. Apples / The apples are good for you.
2. Look at the apples / apples on that tree! They are very large.
3. Women / The women are often better teachers than men / the men.
4. In Britain coffee / the coffee is more expensive than tea / the tea.
5. We had a very nice meal in that restaurant. Cheese / the cheese was especially good.
6. They got married but marriage / the marriage wasn’t successful.
7. I know someone who wrote a book about life / the life of Gandhi.
8. Life / The life would be very difficult without electricity / the electricity.
9. Skiing / The skiing is my favourite sport but I also like swimming / the swimming.
10. Second World War / The Second World War ebded in 1945.
11. Do you know people / the people who live next door?
12. Are you interested in art / the art or architecture / the architecture?
13. All books / all the books on the top shelf belong to me.
14. Don’t stay in that hotel. Beds / The beds are very uncomfortable.
15. I hate violence / the violence.
16. Two of the biggest problems facing our society are crime / the crime and unemployment / the unemployment.
17. I like working with people / the people.
18. I like people / the people I work with.
19. I love flowers / the flowers.
20. Doctors / The doctors are paid more than teachers / the teachers.
21. Crime / The crime is a problem in most big cities.
22. Do you like football / the football?
23. Do you collect stamps / the stamps?
24. I like your garden. Flowers / the flowers are beautiful.
25. Children / The children learn a lot from playing.
26. We took children / the children to zoo / the zoo.
27. Salt / the salt is used to flavor food.
28. Can you pass salt / the salt, please?
29. I often listen to music / the music.
30. Film / The film wasn’t very good, but I liked music / the music.
31. All students / the students in class / the class like their teacher.
32. Are English people / the English people friendly?
33. Are English people / the English people you know friendly?
34. Do you like coffee / the coffee?
35. Did you like coffee / the coffee we had with our meal last night?
36. When was telephone / the telephone invented?
37. Many people were killed in plane / the plane crash.
38. Every English child / the English child knows story / the story of Robin Hood.
39. What is longest / the longest river in the World?
40. I like music / the music.
41. Did you follow advice / the advice I gave you yesterday?
42. One can notice that weather / the weather influences people’s mood.
43. Water / The water is necessary for life / the life.
44. Water / The water in this river is very cold.
45. Pass me bread / the bread, please.
46. Waiter / The waiter brought some tea / the tea and coffee / the coffee. I drank tea / the tea. Coffee / The coffee was hot.
47. Iron / The iron discovered by this expedition is of a high quality.
48. This is best / the best wine I’ve ever drunk.
49. Browns / The Browns live in London.
50. Where is a key / the key?
51. I saw man / a man in the street. A man / The man was smoking.
52. That is a student / the student I saw in a library / the library yesterday.
53. What a / the fine day!
54. A teacher / The teacher must be competent.
55. When we entered Room 415 a teacher / the teacher was already there.
56. Dinner / the dinner you cooked was great!
57. When did you have dinner / the dinner?
58. I will never forget an evening / the evening he saw her for first / the first time.
59. Winter / The winter was extremely cold.
60. Winter / The winter is a coldest / the coldest season of a year.
61. Our academic year is over in June / the June.
62. We have no classes on Saturday / the Saturday.
63. She is learning to play a violin / the violin.
64. A sky / The sky is covered with clouds and a sun / the sun is shining.
65. I often listen to radio / the radio.
66. She always has breakfast / the breakfast at seven o’clock.
67. Write your name at a top / the top of the page.
68. My flat is on a second / the second floor.
69. A beginning / the beginning of a film / the film was not very interesting.
70. Who is a President / the President of United States / the United States?
71. He’s tired. He’s going to bed / the bed.
72. We are staying at Hilton (Hotel) / the Hilton (Hotel).
73. My friend lives in Shevchenko / the Shevchenko Street.
74. I have been to north / the north of Italy / the Italy / but not to south / the south.
75. Are you interested in history / the history?