Представлені граматичні вправи напрвлені на тренування і закріплення непрямої мови Відрізняються своєю різноманітністю. В їх складі: Complete the sentences below, Choose the correct verb form,Choose the appropriate word, Fill in the gap.
Complete the sentences below
1) Mary: "I love chocolate." — Mary said (that) she ___________(loved / love / loves) chocolate.
2) Mary: "I went skiing." — "Mary said (that) she ___________(went / have gone / had gone) skiing."
3) Mary: "I will eat steak for dinner." — Mary said (that) she ___________(would / will have / will had) eat steak for dinner.
4) Mary: "I have been to Sydney." — Mary said (that) she ___________(was / has been / had been) to Sydney.
5) Mary: "I have had three cars." — Mary said (that) she ___________(has had / had / had had) three cars.
6) Mary: "I'm going to Long Beach." — Mary said (that) she ___________(is / was / went) going to Long Beach.
7) Mary: "I don't like onion." — Mary said (that) she ___________(doesn't / don't / didn't) like onion.
8) Mary: "I have never been to London." — Mary said (that) she ___________(had / has / have) never been to London.
9) Mary: "I am reading." — Mary said (that) she ___________(was / has been / had been) reading.
10) Mary: "I had a cat “ — Mary said (that) she ___________(had had / have had / has had) a cat.
Choose the correct verb form
1) “I’m going to the seaside soon”, she said.
She said (that) she … to the seaside soon.
( ) was going
( ) is going
( ) will go
( ) would go
2) “The film will be interesting” , I hoped.
I hoped (that) the film … interesting.
( ) will be
( ) would be
( ) was
( ) is
3) “She has just bought the tickets to the cinema”, she told us.
She told us (that) she … the tickets to the cinema.
( ) has just bought
( ) just bought
( ) had just bought
( ) would just buy
4) “Breakfast is served from 7 till 9”, said the waiter.
The waiter said (that) breakfast …from 7 till 9.
( ) was served
( ) is served
( ) will be served
( ) served
5) “Everything must be ready in time”, he ordered.
He ordered (that) everything …ready in time.
( ) must be
( ) had to be
( ) has to be
( ) was
6) “I’m sorry that I lost you’re your ticket”, he said.
He said (that) he was sorry that he … my ticket.
( ) had lost
( ) lost
( ) losted
( ) has lost
7) “A gardener is cutting the grass at the moment”, she warned.
She warned (that) a gardener … the grass at the moment.
( ) cut
( ) has cut
( ) was cutting
( ) is cutting
8) “I have many pets at home”, Katie said.
Kati said (that) she … many pets at home.
( ) had
( ) has
( ) has had
( ) was having
9) “I want to find a new job”, Jack said.
Jack said (that) he … to find a new job.
( ) wants
( ) has wanted
( ) wanted
( ) will want
10) He said, “I have been waiting for you since 5 o’clock”.
He said (that) he … for me since 5 o’clock.
( ) had been waiting
( ) has been waiting
( ) waits
( ) has waited
Choose the appropriate word
1) “We’ll go to the circus tomorrow”, said mother.
Mother said that we would go to the circus ________________(tomorrow / that day / in the next day / the following day).
2) “I haven’t had anything to eat this morning”, he said.
He said that he hadn’t had anything to eat ________________(that morning / this morning / at the morning / last morning).
3) “Cut the paper into two pieces”, she said to me.
She ________________(told me / said to me / told to me / said me) to cut the paper into two pieces.
4) “How do you feel this day, he asked me.
He asked me how I felt ________________(that day / this day / today / at that day).
5) Mary said, “I want to go out with my friends”.
Mary said that ___________(she / I) wanted to go out with ___________(her / my) friends.
6) Bob and Marie said , “We are taking our dog for a walk”.
Bob and Marie said that ____________(they / we) were taking ____________(their / our) dog for a walk.
7) “We visited the museum last weekend”, they said.
They said that they had visited the museum the ________________(weekend before / last weekend / that week / next week).
8) She says, “I haven’t phoned my uncle since last month”.
She says that she hasn’t phoned ___________(her / my / his / hers) uncle since last month.
9) “We got married six months ago”, she said to us.
She told us that they had got married ________________(six months before / six months ago / six months after / the following six months).
10) Mr. Jones said, “I need to buy a present for my wife”.
Mr. Jones said that ___________(he / I) needed to buy a present for ___________(his / my) wife.
Fill in the gap
1) ”Why did you do that”, he asked her.
He asked her why she ___________ that.
did had done has done did do
2) “Put the rubbish in the bin,” he sad to them.
He told them ___________ the rubbish in the bin.
to put put putting not to put
3) “We’re going to Hawaii for our honeymoon”, Alex said.
Alex said that they ___________ to Hawaii for their honeymoon.
are going went were going have gone
4) “Please answer the telephone”, he said to her.
He asked her ___________ the telephone.
answer not answer to answer answering
5) “Are you going out on Saturday night”, Ben asked me.
Ben asked me if I ___________ out on Saturday night.
have gone went am going was going
6) “Don’t walk on the grass”, the park keeper said to them.
The park keeper told them ___________ on the grass.
not walking not to work don't walk not walk
7) “What have you done today?”, Mother asked.
Mother asked what I ___________ that day.
was doing did had done have done
8) She asked, “Where have you been?”
She asked where I ___________ .
hadn’t been have been had been was
9) “Don’t make any noise”, Mother said to us.
Mother told us ___________ any noise.
to make not not to make not make don’t make
10) “ How did the fire start?” the reporter asked.
The reporter asked how the fire ___________ .
didn’t start has started had started started