Topic:He’s a fireman!!!
Objectives: - to introduce the new words devoted to the topic;
- to work with a text of the short story;
- to develop reading, listening, writing and speaking skills;
- to encourage pupils to learn English and speak about different types ofjobs in English;
Tools: CB, WB, flashcards with the words, TS242-43 a video
Plan of the lesson
Greeting Hello. (A “Hello” song )Nice to meet you! Nice to meet you, too. How are you today?
Warmer Greeting dialogues. Revision of previously learned words
Main part of the lesson
Introduction the topic of the lesson Today we continue speaking about different types of jobs. You will tell me about your relatives and friends’ proffessions We’ll speak a lot, read and do some listening and writing tasks . So, let’s start! What kins of jobs do you know ?
Introducing the new vocabulary Look. Here are some words we have to learn ex1p30CB
- a teacher - a pilot - a housewife
- a pupil -a sfireman
Working with the words - choral and individual repetition of the words
- translating the words from Ukrainian into English and vice versa ex2p16CB
- making simple sentences (This is a bike.)
- practice in writing the new words
A breaktime Worming up, Exercices
Developing the listening and reading skills Working with a video. Ex2 p30 CB
Now let us watch a video
Working with the song -watching a video then reading the dialogue
-discussing the plot.Trying to understand what’s going on
- eliciting the new vocabulary, repeating and translating the previously learned words
- listening with pauses, reading and translating the phrases
Further practice.Working with the vocabulary
Making dialogues with the new words:
-Who is your dad?
-He’s a teacher!
Exercises WB p 31
Summing up the lesson Today we have done a lot. We have learned new words, now can ask and answer about our parents’ jobs
Now it’s time to finish our today’s lesson. Thanks for your work. Have a nice day! See you!
A “Good bye” song