1 Read and circle.
1) We can buy bread at the…
a) butcher’s. b) grocer’s. c) baker’s.
2) We can buy sour cream at…
a) the chemist’s. b) a confectionary. c) a dairy store.
3) We can buy a teddy bear at a…
a) toy shop. b) sports shop. c) clothes shop.
4) We can buy sugar at…
a) the greengrocer’s. b) the grocer’s. c) a department store.
2. Fill in much or many.
1) How_______________ oranges do we need?
2) There are not__________________ eggs in the fridge.
3) Don’t buy too_________________________ milk.
4) How ______________________sugar would you like in your tea?
3. Complete the sentences.
1) For breakfast I usually eat_______________________________________________________ .
2) People should eat fruits and vegetables because__________________________________________________________ .
3) My favourite Ukrainian dish is________________________________________________________ .
3. Read the text and write three special questions.
Ukrainian schoolchildren can have hot dinner at school. Some children also take a packed lunch from home. The lunch break is usually from 9.50 to 13.30 p.m. School lunches cost about 10UAH.
1) Who______________________________________________________________________ ?
2) When_____________________________________________________________________ ?
3) How much_________________________________________________________________ ?
4. Write about the cafes in your town/city (6—8 sentences) using the plan below.
— name of your town/city, types of cafes there are;
— names, locations of the cafes you recommend;
— dishes to order;
— when to visit;
— your opinion about visiting cafes in your town/city.
Hi! How are you?_______________________________________________________________