Lesson PLANNING 27
Topic « Sports Life»
to encourage sts to speak English
to develop skills of reading /speaking / listening
to continue on reinforcing new vocabulary
to practice sts in speaking about kinds of sports
to provide the opportunities for the comprehensive reading
I. Introductory part a) Т: Good morning, pupils! Our topic today is « Sports Life ». Today we are going to have a short vocabulary test, so I wish all of you be bright and happy and let success attend you today! To refresh the vocabulary I’ll propose to start our lesson with the poem:
b) Reading a poem( written on the blackboard) :
I enjoy skateboarding Terry’s interested in karate,
You are fond of sailing: Lilly’s crazy about diving
We all like windsurfing We all like horse riding,
Kate is keen on of walking. Swimming, fencing, climbing.
There are lots of sports on every taste
Choose the one you like the best!
c) Reproducing the poem : T deletes some words and STDs recite the poem.
d) A song ( students try to sing the poem on the melody of a known children’s song ).
1. A Short Vocabulary Test: a) Write these de-vowelled words : KRT, FNCNG, SLNG, THLTCS.
b) Guess the word and fill in the gaps:1) John says that he likes this game... ( tennis)2) Jumping is called a field ... ( Event) 3) Groups of sportsmen who play different sides in a game are called .....( Teams). 4) The art of training the body with the help of different exercises.....G--------S ( gymnastics). 5) They are always the first on the tops of high hills. They have gone ..... for 5 years.
2. Check on home assignment T: while you are busy doing your test I’m going to check on your written home assignment ex.6, p.47.
3. Vocabulary Reinforcement T: We can’t be successful in learning a topic without a good set of vocabulary. I think we have worked a great deal on cramming necessary words, but still something is ahead. a) Now have a look at the examples given in ex.1 (a,b) p. 46 and make up your words.
b) Remember the usage of these words GO, PLAY, DO. Let’s have a try and complete the sentences n ex.2, p. 46.
c) Home assignment : T’s explanation . At home you’ll do the following activities from your WBs ex. 2-3,p. 29. Have a look at the exercises. They are similar the activities we’ve just done, aren’t they?
4. A Minute for rest a) Match the rhyming words
1) TV a) hat
2) high b)sun
3) that c) see
4)tree d) sky
5) fun e) me
b) Completing a song
Let’s have fun! Why don’t we climb a (tree)?
What about playing in the ( sun)? and count the clouds we (see)?
We shouldn’t do that. I’m scared of climbing high
I haven’t got (a hat). It’s boring to look at the (sky).
So why don’t you watch (TV)
and find a new friend for me.
c) Singing a song .
5. Grammar Reinforcement Т: We have learned some rules of English pronouns and their usage. Now I’m going to check how well you’ve understood the rules. Let’s do ex.6,p.47.
6. Dialogue making : WB ex.1,p. 28. a) Completing the dialogue. b) Acting out.
III.Summing –up: Dear children, thanks a lot for your collaboration at today’s lesson. Let’s remember everything we have achieved. As for your next home assignment we have already discussed it. I know you’ll be good at it. Looking forward to meeting you again.