- t- to introduce the new words devoted to the topic;
- to develop grammar skills;
- to develop reading, listening, writing and speaking skills;
- to encourage pupils to learn English and speak about their home in English;
Tools: CB, WB, flashcards with the words, TS23-24, a video
Plan of the lesson
Greeting Hello. (A “Hello” song )Nice to meet you! Nice to meet you, too. How are you today?
Warmer Greeting dialogues. Revision of previously learned words
Main part of the lesson
Introduction the topic of the lesson Today we continue speaking about our home and for today’s lesson our task is to practice using the words we have learned. We’ll speak a lot, read and do some listening and writing tasks . So, let’s start! Let us revise the names of the rooms in a house
Introducing the new vocabulary Look. Here are some words we have to learn Working with pictures
- a living room - a kitchen - a bathroom - a bedroom -a dining room
Working with the words - choral and individual repetition of the words
- translating the words from Ukrainian into English and vice versa ex1,2p58CB
- making simple sentences (This is a kitchen.)
- practice in writing the new words
A breaktime Worming up, Exercices
Grammar: revision of to be -am, -is -are
Further practice.Working with the vocabulary
- She’s in the living room
-Is she in the kitchen?
Yes, she is/ No, she is not
Exercises WB p59
Acting out the dialogues
Summing up the lesson Today we have done a lot. We have learned new words, and can ask and answer about whetre your family members are now.
Now it’s time to finish our today’s lesson. Thanks for your work. Have a nice day! See you!
A “Good bye” song