Demonstratives: This /That /These /Those
Read the sentences and then complete them with the words above:
1. Does _______ woman over there speak Arabic?
2. Come and smell _________ perfume. it is lovely.
3. Is ______ your ring here? No, it isn’t. It’s mum’s.
4. Whose are ________ shoes here? They are mine.
5. Do you like _______ handbag over there? Yes, I do.
6. ________ kites in the sky are beautiful.
7. Here we are. _______ is my new flat.
8. Who is _________ woman at the back of the room? She is my boss.
9. Look at _______ clouds over there. It’s going to rain heavily soon.
10. How much are _________ trousers? They are fifty pounds.
11. Who lives in _____ house at the end of the road? I’m afraid I don’t know.
12. What is the name of ________ film we watched last week?
13. Can you pass me ________ magazine beside you? Yes, certainly.
17. Look at ______ boys over there! One looks very ill.
18. I don’t like ________ dress, I think I like _________ one over there more.
19. We are going to Manchester __________ weekend. Can you come?
20. Are ______ your glasses upstairs? No, they are Sam’s.
21. __________ is the first time I have heard that song. It is so nice.
22. The Robinsons will be leaving for Dubai __________ evening.
23. I don’t know if I should buy __________ expensive shoes.
24. _________ storm we had last night was really bad.
25. How many of __________ plates do we need for dinner.
26. I am going to buy _________ scissors, because I have lost mine.
27. You should read ___________ story. It is so good.
28. Anna bought __________ lovely drawers from IKEA in the sale.
29. ___________ is the pen my daughter lost last week.
30. __________ are our parents and __________ are our neighbours over there.
Exercise: Use this that these those with things you see around the room.