Вікторина для демонстрації набутих знань після вивчення Великої Британії. Змагатись можуть як учні-учні, так і учні- вчителі.
Цілі заходу:узагальнити, поглибити і розширити |лінгвокраєзнавчі знання по темі
“Great Britain”; удосконалювати|вдосконалювати уміння і навички|навички| практичного володіння англійською мовою по заданій темі; сприяти формуванню соціокультурної компетенції учнів; підвищити інтерес до вивчення іноземної мови|язика.
Обладнання для проведення заходу:
Speaker: Dear guests, teachers and friends! We begin our play. Today we're going to speak about Great Britain. Let me introduce the players.
Students are joined into 2 teams to develop team spirit.
Also we have a team of English Language teachers.
You are given clues. Find 9 words in this crossword.You have only one minute.
t E r a i n S E
u n b n m c c n
b g c W o r o g
e l a a r i t l
t a b l o c l i
e n u e s х a s
a d s s e y n h
L o n d o n d x
England – Англія
Scotland – Шотландія
Wales – Уельс
London – Лондон
English – англійський
tube – назва метро в центрі Лондона
tea – чай
rose – троянда
rain - дощ
Listen to 3 national anthems and decide which is the anthem of Great Britain “God Save the Queen”.
(They hear British\American\Welsh anthems. The participants work in their cards).
In your cards you have 5 flags. Color the flags and match them with the name of the country.
(The pupils get the handout but in black and white. Students colour the flags by memory .
Later they are shown the examples of the flags (Slide 2,3)).
You know that each country has its own symbols. So, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland consists of the parts and each of them has a flower symbol too. Now look at the screen, please, and say which flower belongs to which country.(The pupils get the handout (Slide 4).
Guess the holiday.
( Slides 5-8)
Questions for the 1 team:
1. What is the colour of London’s taxy? (black)
2. What is the population of London? (7 million).
3. What is the name of business, commercial, trade centre of London? (the City).
4. What is the most favourite flower of the Englishmen? (a red rose).
5. How old is London? (over 2 thousand years).
6. Who is the official head of the state? (the Queen).
7. What is the most popular square in London. (Trafalgar Square).
8. London is situated on the river ……..? (The Thames).
9. What is the capital of Scotland? (Edingburgh).
10. What is the official residence of the royal family? (Buckingham Palace).
11. What is the name of the British flag? (The Union Jack).
Questions for the 2 team:
Questions for the 3 team:
Listen attentively and cover the sight that you hear, if you have covered all of them say “Bingo”. (1)
Listen attentively and cover the sight that you hear, if you have covered all of them say “Bingo”. (2)
Listen attentively and cover the sight that you hear, if you have covered all of them say “Bingo”. (3)
8.Time for fun!
Agree or disagree
1. “How do you do?” is not a question. It is a formal way to say “Hello” (yes)
2. Britain has an eagle as its symbol (a lion or a bulldog)
3. The patriotic colours in Britain are red, white, blue, yellow (red, white, blue)
4. London is a young city (old).
5. There are not any multistoried buildings in London (yes).
6. The British like to shake hands with each other nearly as often as Ukrainians (no).
7. Buses and pillar-boxes are bright yellow in London (red).
8. London Underground (or Tube) is the oldest and the longest in Europe (yes)
9. In Britain cars are driven on the right side of the road (left)
9. Sights of London.
Pupils are proposed some photos of places of interest of London. They have to give their names. They get 1 point if they pronounce them correctly. ( Slides10-20)
10. Coloured Questions:
Pupils are proposed three colours of cards. They choose any and have questions. Each colour is a group of questions on the certain theme.
Green - the geographical position.
1. Name the sea between the island Great Britain and Ireland? (The Irish Sea).
2. On what continent are the British Isles situated? (Europe).
3. What is the official name of the Great Britain? (The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland).
Blue -the Royal family traditions
Red – different facts about G.B.
Listen to the following, pay attention to the famous places of London and write them down, more places you write more points you get.
Guide: Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to our round London sightseeing tour.
We are in the Piccadilly Circus (1) now and we’re turning left into Regent Street (2).
We are going along White Hall (3). On the left you can see the Horse Guard Parade. Straight ahead is Nelson’s Column (4) in Trafalgar Square (5).
Now we are going towards the City of London (6). Straight ahead you can see St. Paul’s Cathedral (7). This was built in the 17th century by Sir Christopher Wren.
Now we are going over the Tower Bridge (8). We’re going away from the City of London. Behind us you can still see the walls of the Tower of London (9).
Now we’re going over the Waterloo Bridge (10). On the left you can see the Houses of Parliament (11) and on the right you can see the City of London. ng.
12*. What would you do if you were British?
Teams are given any situation for discussion:
Tea. If you drank smth at 5 o’clock, it’d be . . .
a) beer and butter
b) tea and soda
c) tea and milk
Food. If you had lunch, you’d have….
b) a hamburger
Pets. If you had a pet, you’d….
a) build monuments to your pet after its death
b) never allow it to lie on your bed
c) feed it very rarely
Weather. If smb started discussing weather with you, you would …. .
a) change the weather topic
b) speak about weather non-stop
c) turn round and go away
13**. Make the title of the country yourselves.
Pupils have two some boxes of matches and have to make the title of the country they’ve learnt.
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Speaker: So it is the end of our game. Now the Jury will count your score. You are preposed to listen to a SONG.
(...) Listen to the jury, please.