Task 2. While-watching activity:
1) What’s the time? What time does the train arrive?
2) What type of shoes is the poor boy wearing?
3) What type of shoes appear in the film?
4) What happens? What is the poor boy trying to do?
5) Why is he staring at the other boy?
6) What happens to the rich boy’s shoe?
Task 3. Predicting: What happened next?
He may fall…
He could steal the shoe…
They might become friends…
Task 4. After-watching activity:
1) How did the film make you feel?
2) How did the boys feel?
3) Does the film have a message?
A REAL LIFE STORY
“As Gandhi was stepping aboard a train one day, one of his shoes slipped off and landed on the track. He was unable to retrieve it as the train started moving. To the amazement of the other passengers, Gandhi took off his other shoe and threw it back along the track to land close to the first shoe. Later a fellow passenger asked him, ‘Why did you do that?’ Gandhi replied, ‘The poor man who finds the shoe lying on the track will now have a pair he can use.’
happy – радісний, щасливий
sad - сумний
disappointed - розчарований
shy – соромязливий
wonderful - чудовий
sympathetic - співчутливий
sorry for sb – шкода когось
In my opinion…
In my view…
As far as I’m concerned…
I’m not sure, but I think