Topic: In the Kitchen
Book: Full Blast 3.
Equipment: napkins, question-cards, coloured forks, different dishes, students’ books “Full Blast 3”, CD, letters, pictures, tablecloths, rubber fruit and vegetables, pinafores.
2.Aims of the lesson
Take the napkins and answer the questions in them.
- divide into 2 groups according to the colours of the forks you have;
- open you books on p.39, Ex.4
- look carefully at the tests, what is the listening text about?
- look at the dishes on the table and say, which of them are talking in the text?
- listen to the text and check up your answers
- explain your answers
- listen again
- do Ex.4, p.39 – choose the right answer
(teacher gives students rubber vegetables or fruit for their answers)
(keys: 1.a 2.a 3.b 4.b)
5.Speaking. Pair work and group work.
- Divide into pairs according to the rubber vegetables or fruit you have.
- Do Ex.5, p.39. What should you do? (Create a silly sandwich)
- Divide into the same groups and share your ideas about a silly sandwich. Make mini-project working in groups. Each person must do the special roles:
1) Chef – the leader of the group
2) cooks – create a recipe
3) illustrators – draw the pictures of your dish
4) waiter or waitress – present the project
So, what do you need for preparing meal using the recipes?
(create words using the letters from word RECIPES)
R E C I P E S
At home write down the best recipe that you notice during the lesson today.