Контрольна робота з теми «Здоровий спосіб життя та навколишнє середовище»
Task 1. Read the text and do test
SIMPLE RULES OF HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
You hear a lot about living a healthy lifestyle, but what does that mean? In general, a healthy person doesn't smoke, eats healthy food and does exercises. Sounds simple, doesn't it?
One of the biggest problems in the world today is the lack of activity. We know it's good for us, but avoid it. The truth is, movement is movement, and the more you do, the healthier you'll be. Even moderate activities like chores, gardening and walking can make difference. Just adding a little movement to your life can reduce the risk of heart disease, improve mood and reduce symptoms of depression, improve memory in elderly people and reduce stress. You can start your healthy lifestyle by adding more activity to your everyday habits.
Once a week, turn off the TV and do something a little more physical with your family. Play games, take a walk. Anything will be more active than just sitting on the sofa. Working in the garden, sweeping the floor, dusting furniture can keep you moving while getting your house in order. Make a list of physical activities you do on a typical day. If you find that the most of your time you spend sitting, make another list of all the ways you could move more — getting up each hour to stretch or walk, walk the stairs and anything like that.
Eating healthy diet is another part of the healthy lifestyle. A clean diet not only can help with weight management, it can also improve your health and qualities of life as you get older. Eat more fruit. Add vegetables wherever you can — a tomato on your sandwich, peppers on your pizza or extra vegetables in your pasta sauce. Eat low-fat or fat-free daily food. These are the simple ways to eat fewer calories without having to change your diet too much.
Creating a healthy lifestyle doesn't have to mean considerable changes. In fact, considerable changes almost always lead to failure. Making small changes in how you live each day can lead to big achievements.
Choose the correct item
1.The biggest problem nowadays is...
2. Simple work about the house can...
a) improve your health;
b) make your life more difficult.
3. Adding more movement to your life can...
4. Working in the garden and sweeping the floor can...
5. Making a list of physical activities during your typical day helps you...
6. A clean diet helps you...
7. Creating a healthy lifestyle means...
a)small changes in your everyday life;
b)great changes in your everyday life.
Task 2. Match the problem with the advice.
1) I’ve got a headache a)You shouldn’t smoke so much.
2) I’ve got a cough b) You shouldn’t eat so much.
3) I’m always tired c) You should take an aspirin.
4) I’m getting fat d) You shouldn’t go to bed so late.
5) I’ve got a stuffy nose e) You should put some antiseptic on it.
6) Mary has cut her hand f) Use some nasal spray.
Task 3. Complete the sentences.
headache, toothache, sore throat, stomachache, pain in the knee
1. Kate ate too much ice-cream yesterday, and today she has got a ………….…
2. Nick didn’t wash his hands before supper and now he has got a …..…………
3. Tom doesn’t visit his dentist regularly, so he has got a …………..…
4. Ann often has got ………………..because she watches TV from morning till night.
5. Taras played football yesterday. He fell down and now he has got a ………….
Task 4. Give a piece of advice and write down the sentences in your copy-books.
If you have
a sore throat
clean it under the running water
put a sticking plaster on it
drink some mineral water
drink some strong tea
put some pieces of ice on it
put a bandage
clean it with some soap
take some aspirin
go to the dentist
use some drops
Task 5. Decide if the actions are Right or Wrong
- To save energy
- To leave litter
- To recycle things
- To clean up litter
- To cut down trees
- To damage the nature
- To protect animals
- To be careless to the environment
- To grow plants
- To sort rubbish
- To reuse glass, paper, wood
- To use much plastic
- To reuse batteries
- To reduce pollution