Контрольна робота з англійської мови для 11-го класу на тему: "Students' Life". Метою контрольної роботи є перевірити рівень мовної та комунікативної компетенції за темою; розвивати пам'ять, увагу, мислення та мовлення учнів; виховувати самостійність.
Match the following words with their definitions
1) memorable a) to have information about something
2) autonomous b) to succeed in an examination or test
3) a strategy c) to give lessons in a school, college, or university, or to help someone learn about something by giving them information
4) a target d) to not pass a test or examination
5) to take responsibility for e) to spend time reading, going to classes etc in order to understand new ideas and facts
6) to teach f) something that you are trying to achieve, such as a total, an amount, or a time
7) to learn g) a planned series of actions for achieving something
8) to fail an exam h) agree to be in charge of something or someone
9) to pass an exam i) to get new knowledge or skills
10) to find out j) to get information, after trying to discover it or by chance
11) to know k) very good, enjoyable, or unusual, and worth remembering
12) to study l) having the ability to work and make decisions by yourself without any help from anyone else
13) to join m) to become a member of an organization
Fill in the gaps with the appropriate form of the verb in brackets.
Read the following text and complete the gaps with words from the table.
Grading is a (1) ___________used in schools to (2) _________students’ achievements. Almost every (3)___________keeps a record of each student's (4)____________in order to have some basis for measuring his (5)_____________.The record supplies information for (6) ____________to parents. Universities and (7) ______________often use this information to help determine whether they should (8) _________a student. For a long time, the most (9)_________method of recording achievement was by (10) ___________ .A few schools use no (11) __________system at all. Instead, each(12) __________writes a detailed (13) __________to the parents. Such letters report the student's progress,(14) _______, activities, and social adjustment.
Achievements, admit, attitude, colleges, common, letter, marking, method, percentage, progress, record reports, school, teacher
Comment on the following quotations (10-15 sentences). You can choose one of them.